- Press Configuration Settings icon.
- Below General Settings, put a cross, x inside Prompt to update outdated definations item.
- Under scanning settings, make sure you tick the green colour in any option that available.
- Under defaults setting, click link Read current settings from my system and check whether the appropiate homepage is there. (such as www.Tech-Scope.com if you have selected it as your homepage before)
- Under Tweak Settings:
- Scanning Engines – Put green tick at unload recognized processes & modules during scan,Obtain command line of scanned processes and Scan registry for all users instead of current user only.
Cleaning Engine – Pur green tick at all options that are available.
Safety settings: Put green tick at all options that are available.
Log files: Put green tick at all options that are available.
User interface: Put red tick at all options that are available.
Webupdate settings: Put red tick at all options that are available.
Misc Settings- Put red tick at all options that are available.
Press Proceed button after you have done tweaks above. Scan your system using Perform Full system scan and feel the difference in terms of performance and sypware/adware/trojan detection. A good habit is to scan your computer again after you have done a lot of web surfing.Last time, Rapidshare.com has given away free rapidshare premium account for test-drive. They might give another free rapidshare premium account soon so here are the tools that help you keep updated if there is any account available.
Rapidcheck is a tool that checks whether any free accounts are available at rapidshare.de. It stays at system tray area and checks for free acounts at speciefied intervals. When free acounts detected, you will be notified by the program with an information baloon tooltip. Then you can directly go to free account registration page by clicking the tooltip. This program should works on Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows 2003.